Wednesday, April 11, 2012

back where I love...

Today was the day I’ve been waiting for. I got back in the village. I love it. Everything about it. Especially the sweet people. Wait until you see their gorgeous faces. I got to go into the town of Luuka, it’s takes a little over an hour to get there from Jinja. It’s a different world out there. The land is breath taking. There are small ponds and pine forests everywhere. I got to visit Luuka with the missionaries from Every Child Ministries. They are in the process of building homes for grannies who are raising their grandchildren. They started the program in 2011 with 20 grannies and have added 20 more this year. By the end of this year all 40 grannies will have a 2-3 bedroom house with a bathroom in a separate building. The bathroom is the most exciting part. It’s relatively unheard of for families to have a bathroom in the villages. Now these grannies won’t have a bathroom comparable to the one in your house, they will have a pit latrine (a squatty potty) and a shower in the building. Today we went to visit four grannies so they could sign a contract for their new home to be built. The contract includes things such as: when they die their grandchildren will get the house, they are in no way indebted to Every Child Ministries, and they will live in the house that is being built for them. It was so sweet to see how each granny handled signing the contract. One was quiet in her humbleness and another danced and sang for us and the crowds that had gathered. I wish that all of you could come to Uganda and visit the people in Luuka and the other villages surrounding Jinja. They are people worth meeting. You will leave them changed.

Please be in prayer with me. I have a neat opportunity on the table but I want to make sure that I am obedient in my response. I am so thankful for your support.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Alisha, I can only imagine how it must have been there in the new location. I can see your face light up when you met the grannies and their new homes. When you get back home (in Grand Bay) you will have to show us the dance that the one granny did. I know that you are so happy for these people. God has so much love to give out and He is showing that love through you. God will provide no matter the circumstances or the place. We will and are praying for you in every endeavor you take or about to take. Just keep on trusting and waiting on God. He will come through for you. Don't forget to send some pictures of your new home. Can't wait to see how you will decorate it. Also, send some pictures of the grannies and their new homes if you get a chance to. Until your next blog, remember to "REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS, AND AGAIN I SAY REJOICE" Phil. 4:4 Love and prayers. Aunt Myrt

    ReplyDelete