Monday, April 16, 2012

Serving a wild God...

The love of God in that face is so evident.Such joy in her face.

This is why I am here.

Brave friend coming to meet the mzungu!

Some of the sweet faces in Luuka.

Watching from a distance.
Clapping and singing!

Something that I am learning in the short time that I have been here is that we serve a wild God. He is not confined to our church buildings and the traditions that we place on Him. He moves and does in ways that we will never understand. He is so much more than we make of Him. He does so much more than we give Him credit for. I don't know about you, but I am thankful that I serve a God who is always leaps and bounds ahead of me. I will never put my finger on it. I will only ever touch the tip of the iceberg in my time here on earth. That makes me want to worship Him more than anything else. Why wouldn't I trust Him? Why wouldn't I go where He tells me to go? Why wouldn't I make what I think are huge sacrifices in order to be obedient to His leading? I will choose to honor a wild God who blows my mind on a regular basis. I will choose to obey and follow a wild God who leads me to places I'm not so sure I want to be. I will choose to worship a wild God who loves me in ways I can never wrap my head around



"Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty? It is higher than heaven-what can you do? Deeper than the Sheol-what can you know? Its measure is longer than the earth and broader than the sea." -Job 11:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment