Sunday, March 25, 2012

As I sit here writing this, I am eating Twizzlers, drinking sweet tea (made out of a Luzianne tea bag!), and watching the Apple Dumpling Gang. This can only mean one thing. I am loved. My Momma and Daddy put together a suit case full of wonderful things from them and so many other amazing people. I had several goodies from my favorites in New Orleans, cd from Audra, stuffed animals and Mardi Gras beads from my sweet little friends Tripp and Cash, candy from the Conway’s, and a t-shirt from Marsha to name a few. Thank you to all of you who wrote encouraging notes in the big stack of cards I got. I was thrilled to see how big the stack was! I’ve got cards all the way from California to Virginia! I had to force myself to add the cards to my dwindling stack that I brought with me in February. I open a card every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I wanted so badly to rip through every card tonight though!

This is my last week teaching English at the seminary. That also means my time in the comfortable apartment that I am staying in is also coming to an end. Please be in prayer with me that I would continue to confidently and calmly trust in the Lord to provide my next step. I know He will, it’s myself I don’t trust. I so easily get upset and panic when things aren’t working out as quickly as I would like them to. I can say, this month has been better than last month. Maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be. Baby steps every month. Growing into the person He knows I can be. And I think I’m okay with that.

In a card from my Momma, she included this much needed scripture…

“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” –Matthew 6:30 (ESV)

2 comments:

  1. Well Alisha, it is me again. I enjoy so much reading your words of encouragements and your words of wisdom that God has graciously given you. You encourage us more than you will ever know, So now, read those thoughts that you have given us and you will not have to worry about anything because you will see that as your Mom said, If God will take care of the fowl of the air, how much more will He take care of us. So, don't fret, He will see you through the difficult things that we think difficult. Your place to stay and your next assignment will be soon because I know God is working on it for you. Just keep those smiles coming on your face and let others see Jesus throught those smiles. Love and praying for you. Lots of hugs!!!!!!!! Love Aunt Myrt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisha,

    I agree with Myrtle, your words are encouraging and it excites me to be able to feel that I am along for the journey with you. I bet those sweet little girls loved that Friday treat and that will be a lifelong memory for them...and for you too. In a "Word for the Day" that I get daily from our Chaplain at my workplace, the devotional on Friday mentioned a silver smith (which you have probably heard about in the past) and how that compares to our relationship with Jesus and how He makes us into something beautiful, but during that process we endure Him molding us and being put into the fire. One thing the devotional mentioned that I had not heard before was that while the sliver is exposed to the fire, the silver smith must stay VERY close to the fire as well...he experiences that heat and must watch very closely or the precious item will be destroyed. So, while you may be exposed to some trials and unknowns right now, God is right there with you...so VERY close. He will not take His eyes off of you and will watch ever so closely. Keep up the good fight. Sending hugs and smiles and many prayers your way!! In His Love, Sommer Brock

    ReplyDelete