Friday, March 30, 2012

easy going...

All I can say is that right now, everything is good in the neighborhood. I am finally able to see where this could be going. And I am encouraged by it. I mean I got to go and pick a paint color for my apartment yesterday! If that’s not encouraging I don’t know what is! I got to sit down with my new landlords, Bobby and Candice, and talk about where entryways could be added and bathroom floor plans. I still can’t believe that in less than three weeks I will have a place of my own. I am also starting the process to apply for a work visa next week. That gives me an entire year of not having to worry about extending my visa like I would have had to do with a tourist visa. So it’s also a pretty exciting thing to be doing!

Today was my last day of teaching at the Uganda Baptist Seminary. My students took their final exam this morning and are heading back to their villages and cities tonight and tomorrow. I am already seeing how the Lord is opening doors for me to start working in other capacities. I know some of you are ready for the pictures of cute kids to come back! I don’t blame you!

I pray that as the Easter season is approaching that we are all taking time to reflect on the sacrifice that our Savior made for us. I love this time of year, because the reminder of His love is everywhere.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him.” –John 3:16-17 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. Alisha, I am so excited for you. See, God is not just working on your Mission endeavor, but your marriage. (getting paints, floor plans & etc.and everything but the Hubby-know what I mean)I know that He will work on that later. First things first they say, right. I thought that you need a good ole laught!. Yes, we are looking for more pictures. I know that your landlords will love having you with them. You are a person who will help out anyway that you can. They can ALWAYS depend on you. God has give you such an awesome spirit of love and gratitude. Just keep on serving, smiling,and sharing your Lord, Jesus Christ with others. Love and prayers. Aunt Myrt. PS: Alivia said to tell your hello.

    ReplyDelete