Wednesday, March 21, 2012

redemption...

This Easter season means more to me than any other has in the past. I think it's because Jesus means more to me than He ever has in the past. He is my provider. He is my comforter. He is my joy. I see His redemption in my everyday life here. As I work with adults who did not finish high school for whatever reason and are being given a second chance at a precious thing called education. As I teach phonics to an 8 year who was severely neglected in her first home but is thriving in the love and stability of her second “forever” home. As I hold a struggling three year old who was dying from malnutrition and stiff from cerebral palsy but now is recovering and will begin physical therapy soon. I see the redemptive power in the love of Christ. His love transforms. His love is constantly molding us into something beautiful. This is something I am thankful for. Living in a third world country isn’t easy by any means, but it makes it easier to live here when the love of Christ is so evident everywhere. Are the people perfect here? Not close. Does everyone live a life of integrity? Not even close. Is there work to be done and lives to be changed? Overwhelmingly yes. But, the redemptive love of Christ is evident and moving. So in this Easter season, I have to hold stronger than ever to my belief that the love of Christ is not only big enough, but strong enough to reach the people I am falling in love with.

I hope that you too can find peace in the redemptive love of Christ in this Easter season. I am praying for you.

1 comment:

  1. Alisha, you are so very right. The love of God can and does insist in a third world country. His love is so amazing and it is for all who will believe in him. My prayer is that many will come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, and that you may lead them to Him. Just share your love and the plan of salvation to those whenever you can. It is all about that OLD RUGGED CROSS!!! That is the love that was shown to us. Jesus Christ deserves our very best and you are giving your very best there in Uganda. May I and others show His Love to the ones here in our little country. May God continue to bless you. Could you share with us some of your students pictures as you teach them. We are praying for your class. We love and appreciate you and the work that you do. Love and prayers. Aunt Myrt.

    ReplyDelete