Saturday, March 17, 2012

A love that transcends all

Loving on Isaac!
Sweet little hands.
Try not to fall in love with that face!

I got to go spend time with my buddy Isaac today. This is the first time I have seen him since he was at the clinic hooked up to an IV and crying constantly. I am thrilled to tell you that he is different toddler than he was then! He is now so much more content! He is still not overflowing with joy and freely giving away smiles (He smiled for the first time this morning!), but he looks comfortable and his eyes are constantly searching. I got to feed him his special formula that is loaded with sugar and protein and then sit and watch a movie with him. He loved the movie! He was quite upset when I took him back to where the other kids where when I left. I think someone is getting used to the one on one time he is getting from all the loving hands at Ekisa!

There is something about hanging out with my friends at Ekisa. I am reminded of God’s love for me every time. Even though I am broken from my sin, my God still loves me and takes the time to constantly be molding me into something beautiful. It’s just like the beautiful faces at Ekisa, to the world they seem broken and somewhere along the way, someone decided that their love as a parent wasn’t enough and left these precious creatures behind. But our God and our Creator has a love for us that knows no end. It sees past our brokenness. It is big enough to complete us.

I was also reminded of what our love for each other should look like. The kids at Ekisa have such a pure love. Not one riddled with expectations and motives. They love simply because they love. I am challenged to grow the way I love. To be able to not hold back or have requirements. Who knew that through my visits with my young friends I would learn so much!

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." -Galatians 5:14 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen... I'm so glad that you are there to "love on" those babies...and show them the love that they so badly need. God does the same for us...what an awesome God we serve...

    ReplyDelete