Friday, March 2, 2012

a whole month...

Well, as I prepare to go to bed tonight, it is in a new bed. I am no longer at Sonrise, as the month of February is over with. It is crazy to see how quickly a month went by! When I look back, it seems like forever away, but then at times is seems like just yesterday I got on that first plane in Mobile. I can already see the ways that my heart has changed and the way my relationship with Christ has changed. I will never be the same. I now know what it is like to not know what tomorrow holds and being forced to rely of my sovereign God to provide for me. Although, it was not a fun lesson (and unfortunately it's not over!) I am better for it. Now back to my new bed...I am staying with Ms. Jude and her adopted daughter Barbara for the time being. Ms. Jude, who is Australian, owns a restaurant in town and goes to the same church I have been attending. She has been in Uganda for about 25 years, I won’t even attempt to make a stab at her age, I think it would only get me in trouble! She has a reputation of letting volunteer vagabonds with no place to go stay at her house! With all of my house hunting this week, she kept telling me, “If you can’t find a place to live, you are welcome at my house. Although, I’m not a good host, I don’t cook at home!” She reminds me of my grandma Betty. She is sassy and has a knack for telling the truth, whether or not you want to hear it is your problem! So for now, I get to learn from her, sleep in a full bed, and take hot showers. I’d say the Lord is providing for me!

I am looking forward to sharing with you what I will be doing ministry wise this month! There are some opportunities that are still up in the air at this point. I will know at the beginning of next week if they are going to work out. Know that I am excited about them, and I know there is so much for me to learn from them! I am thankful for your continued support, both financially and prayerfully. Because of you, I am here. I will always be thankful for that!

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. -Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment