Saturday, February 25, 2012

Since coming to Jinja, I have gotten involved in a wonderful weekly Bible study. A couple of weeks ago, we spent a lot of time talking about pride and how it so easy to get sucked into having an arrogant attitude. The guy leading the discussion read the 15 Points of Humility by Mother Teresa to us and it is something that I am still pondering almost two weeks later. So of course, since I have been thinking about them so much, I want to drag you in with me! This is yet another reason why Mother Teresa continues to be one of the models for who I want to be in ministry.

15 Points of Humility

Mother Teresa


1. Speak as little as possible about yourself.


2. Keep busy with your own affairs and not those of others.


3. Avoid curiosity.


4. Do not interfere in the affairs of others.


5. Accept small irritations with good humor.


6. Do not dwell on the faults of others.


7. Accept censures even if unmerited.


8. Give in to the will of others.


9. Accept insults and injuries.


10. Accept contempt, being forgotten and disregarded.


11. Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.


12. Do not seek to be admired and loved.


13. Do not protect yourself behind your own dignity.


14. Give in, in discussions, even when you are right.


15. Choose always the more difficult task.


Thank you for your continued support. You will never know how thankful I am for you. It is overwhelming to know that I can ask for prayer and I know that many of you immediately lift me up to our Father. Today has been a really good day, and you have had a big part in that! I have had a peace that could only have come from the Holy Spirit. Thank you for being such amazing prayer warriors!


2 comments:

  1. Alisha, those are some good points. They are kinda like the 10 commandments and if and when we master them we will be doing great. We just have to keep on working on accomplishing them. I hope you will have another good day tomorrow. if you should ever get down and out just remember to look up, the one who can help you feel beeter is looking right back at you. Keep smilling!!!!!!!!!!! Love you, Aunt Myrt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Myrtle, you have no idea how much your comments mean to me! Thank you for letting the Lord speak through you everyday to be an encouragement to me. You are such an amazing example of what a woman of God should look like. I love and miss you so much!

      Delete