Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting more comfortable every day!
Carrying their babies like the women do here!
Just another sweet feet picture.

I got to go swimming with the older Sonrise kids at a hotel this afternoon! It was the perfect place to bring a dozen pre-schoolers swimming (if that place does exist!), they had a big kiddie pool for them to have a blast in. It was so much fun hanging out with them and listening to them trying to reason with us why they should be able to get in the big pool. One of the little boys told me "I can swim!" I asked him to show me and he replied in a nonchalant way "Not now." Kids are the same everywhere!

Sorry that you won't be getting any confessions or epiphanies tonight. We have no electricity...should have known that almost three straight days of power was too good to be true!

"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in You I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to You I lift my soul." -Psalm 143:8

2 comments:

  1. Alisha,I am deeply touched by your blogs! It gives me a reason to love Facebook again. If not through Facebook do I just put in the blog to my computer and it'll take me to it?? I am so very proud of what you are doing and in our recent move everything has been turned upside down... So could you inbox me your address as well as the church or wherever the address is best to send a check to help you out. I just love seeing this part of our world and it gives me a since of blessing to know what we take for granted. Keep up the blog! Can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it! Love and prayers!! I want the boys to get involved in giving to these children.. Help me think of something we could send each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha, I love seeing the pictures and watching the childrens faces light up when you interact with them. Hope you wont be long without power, but if it is awhile,just remember who your source of power is and I know that you know who that is because you trust Him everyday.
    It is getting cold and it is raining here. Just a little of Alabama's weather report.
    Love ,
    Aunt Myrt and Uncle Sammy

    ReplyDelete