Friday, February 24, 2012

Fear...

By now, I think it is obvious that I have been in turmoil because of the lack of a plan after the end of next week. I panic and fear takes over. Fear of failure. Fear of this not looking like I thought it would. Both of these ultimately come from a crazy fear that the Lord will not take care of me. Then I remember the promises my Savior has made to me, through His word and through the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Then about the time my heart calms down, I am given another reminder that I don’t have a plan and then fear creeps in again. Then the whole reassurance process starts over again. I told a friend today that people keep telling me how brave I am. But it feels like a lie. I haven’t felt very brave in the last week. I have felt like such a slave to fear. But then I am reminded that I have been set free because of the love that our Savior had and still has for creation.
I have been called to a life of freedom through Christ. When I let fear rule my life, I am being disobedient. Obedience seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life this past year! When things do not go my way, I am quickly thrown into a tizzy, which quickly turns to fear. I am determined to break free of the chains of fear. I do not want to limit the work of God with my fears, fear of good things coming to an end, fear of the unknown, or fear of the cost of it all. It’s too selfish. God has brought me too far and taught me too much, for me to freak out and try to run when I get scared. So from here out, I am going to consciously make efforts to fight the chains of fear. Even fear of not having a plan. Because at the end of the day, I have nothing to fear anyway. My Savior is taking care of me. He has proven that time and time again. Beginning with the salvation that He so freely gave me.

Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:8-9 The Message

1 comment:

  1. Alisha, just grab onto the hand that is outstretched for you and that is the hand of Jesus. He is there beside you everystep of your journey and He wants to see you through those fears. And the way to overcome that fear is fear itself. God is still working on the plan for you and those fears. Just take hold! Your days ahead are going to be good ones because God is still in the prayer answering business.
    He sees the whole picture and we only see the little ones. Trust, lean on Him. Take a big deep breath and keep on keeping on. Smile and look up! We love you and know that it is going to be alright. Love Aunt Myrt

    ReplyDelete