Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finding fellowship...

Amos scrubbing Anna's feet. Amos has such a servant's heart.
Anna was very brave waiting for the jigger removal process to begin.
Tracing feet for new shoes!

Today was another good day! I started out the day with my friends from Masese. I was given the money to purchase all of the girls a new pair of shoes by a giving supporter in the states! So I traced the outline of each of my friends feet so that I can be sure to purchase the correct size. The girls were so excited to have their feet outlined! The funny thing is they have no idea what it was for! They just loved being the center of attention for 30 seconds. Today marked day two of removing jiggers. I wasn't there yesterday, but I was told that is was a really painful process for some of the girls. Tears were shed and I wasn't there to hand out gum! We also worked on writing their names. I figured it was a good place to start! A few could already write their name, some just needed help with a few letters, some needed help remembering all the letters in their name, and a couple couldn't even trace the letters of their name. For one of the Anna's (we have 3!) I had to just draw lines for her to trace so she could grasp the concept of writing. Anna is probably 7 and does not have much practice with writing utensils. We are determined to change that very soon!

I got to go to a Bible study tonight that is for a small group of young missionaries! I was so excited, I could hardly wait to get to the orphanage where we met tonight! I was thrilled to know that a community of believers is already established. It's something that I longed for in some of the other places I worked. I didn't know what to expect coming to Jinja, and I certainly would have never thought there was a core group of young people I could learn from and live life with. They were all so nice and encouraging. When I was sharing with one of the girls about my not knowing what I'm doing next month and there is now 14 days left in the month and the panic that sets in every morning, she looked at me and said "You'll know when God wants you to know." I know that there is much truth in that statement. Every morning when that panic sets in, I have to pray about it and give it to God. And now I can be reminded that I'll know when I need to know!

2 comments:

  1. Alisha, that is true, Just wait on God and He will let you know in due time. Patience is a virture and it is hard sometimes to have patience but when mastered it will be great. I hope that your Bible study will be rewarding for you and the other missionaries. Keep on Loving others and being used of God.Love and prayers. Aunt Myrt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos...thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete