Sunday, February 26, 2012

Words from Jesus...


Chilling on a Sunday afternoon with my buddy Randy.
I keep forgetting to post house pictures so no one thinks I'm living in a hut! This is the Sonrise House for the
pre-school aged kids.
Musa trying to do some magic and make more M&M's appear in the container! No worries there is more where those came from! If you can't find mini M&M's in Mobile anymore it's because my Momma is buying them out for when she comes (Which isn't planned yet, but if you see her, you should tell her she should come soon! Haha!). She is going to have a trail of kids following her everywhere she goes!
Introducing Innocent to M&M's. Of course he loved them and kept digging the tube back out of my bag for more!
Pretty girl Julianna!
My buddy Randy had a fever and just wanted to sit in Auntie America's lap. 1. He does in fact call me Auntie America, his idea, not mine! 2. Have you ever seen a cuter sick kid?

I spent the night last night at another orphanage, Ekisa, with their volunteer girls who are super fun and so I could catch a ride to church with them. This morning I woke up and saw that there was a book by my bed, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It is a day-by-day Bible study book written as if the words were straight from Jesus to the reader, so I grabbed it to read today's writing. I was not surprised at all to see what was written on today's page...
"Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy, even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promise to care for you."
You see, I know for a fact that those would be the words that Jesus would have chosen to say to me this morning. It's the words He's been saying to me for the past week while I have refused to uncurl my fingers that I had wound so tightly around my upcoming plans. All week I knew the Lord was asking "Are you going to trust me or not? Do you really think I won't take care of you? Be obedient to Me." So here I am again saying, "Yes! I will be obedient. Be my plan, my future. Take care of me." There is so much freedom in that. I can be honest in saying that it's a little easier to breath now. I'm not constantly blinking back the tears brought on by fear and frustration.

I know y'all are thinking, alright already, just trust Him and blog about something else! That's why I posted pictures of cute kids, it's my attempt to make up for all the back and forth about trusting Jesus to take care of me! I can't help it, I want to be open and be able to share my heart with you through this blog. I hope you don't mind!

I can't wait to see what Jesus does this week. I am optimistically looking for a place to live and place to serve. I know He will provide both of those and more!

4 comments:

  1. Alisha, you are so right to feel that way when you are so far away from your circle of family and friends and your church family, but that is alright becauese we still love hearing, and seeing all that you have blogged for us. And remember we are still asking God to lead,and guide you in all of your endeavors away from home. We will do all the worrying for you, but Alisha, you know that worrying is a sin, so we have to trust God and not worry because He has the plan for where you will stay and serve. God see your similing face and He knows where your heart is, so just keep those beautiful smiles aglow on your face. Your answer will come as soon as God wants to reveal them to you. As your Bible Study said it is a secret for now.
    Keep the pictures coming, they are simple wonderful. But, how can you take the pictures and hold those precious children and all the other pictures that you send to us. Oh! I know you have Kim French hidden there with you. Ha! Ha!God is working through you. Keep on Keeping on. Love Aunt Myrt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisha,
    I have been keeping up with your blog, just haven't had a chance to post yet. I have been praying as well about God's plan for you. I love that you are being so open about your thoughts, fears, joys...all of it. It encourages us, gives us specifics to pray for, and keeps us up to date about you. It would be easy for some of us to say "enough already...just trust Him", however we are not in your shoes right now. We are not walking those dusty roads with our red-stained feet, holding those beautiful children and serving God in the breath-taking continent of Africa. We are there in spirit with you and we are praying that in God's time He will reveal what is "secret" right now. Your obedience is and will continue to be rewarded. Thank you for doing what you are doing. Try not to hang on too tightly to your upcoming plans...they might be like m&m's and melt in your hands. God's plans are like His love...steadfast, overflowing, and unconditional. May He wrap His arms around you!! Sommer Brock (Abilene, Texas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Myrt, I wish I had Kim with me! It takes lots of picture taking to get a few good ones! Sommer, thank you so much for the encouragement. I love what you said about the M&M’s, it’s so true. Hanging on to my plans doesn’t produce anything! Just frustration like melted chocolate! Haha!

      Delete
  3. I totally have that book and started to send it to you!!! Well done, Sarah Young. Well done. (And Jesus-haha) :)

    ReplyDelete